Elantra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the unveiling of the 2014 Elantra at the LA Auto Show, we see a car that has received a mostly cosmetic refresh. Hyundai focuses mostly on the four-door sedan in terms of styling updates, but the other models also get some attention.

New headlights are the most striking change to the 2014 Elantra. The new headlights have LED running lights and polymer light pipes. They are joined by a new front bumper and grille. Some other minor changes are the chrome trim on the belt line at the base of the windows and new LED tail lights.

http://blogs.cars.com/.a/6a00d83451b3c669e2019b016e932d970d-800wi

Another exciting change is the addition of a sport trim level. This trim level includes unique wheels, a bigger engine, and sport tuned suspension. 2014 Elantra models will all have updates audio head units, and the climate control now displays blue digits on a black background, rather than the opposite.

The Coupe and GT versions of the Elantra received only some of the overall changes. New headlights and taillights for the coupe, and only tail lights for the GT.

The changes should keep the Elantra competitive in its segment against competitors like the Toyota Corolla and the Mazda3.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That looks great. Now someone buy a GT and wreck it so I can get the tail lights. lol.

Now, will we get the 2dr GT in the states? The 2dr i30 looks really nice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The light pipes in the headlights are really cool. I saw an Audi the other day that had the same feature in its headlights. It was mesmerizing. This is just enough change to keep the Elantra looking fresh ahead of the big redesign.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The LED pipes, or what ever they're officially called, look amazing. It's exactly what the Elantra needed for a refresh, 2013 owners might be regretting their purchase, especially those that bought a 2013 model in mid to late 2013.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think its pretty crazy how much a small change in the headlights can make a big difference in the overall look of the Elantra. The light tubes like that are also used in Audis. It really makes the Elantra look more expensive.

I don't find the rims very alluring. They look pretty standard to me.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just noticed they have better tires on them too. I hate the nexens mine came with. In a way I cant wait for them to wear out. Then I can give my wife a better excuse than "they suck" or "I dont like them".

·
Registered
363 Posts
I just noticed they have better tires on them too. I hate the nexens mine came with. In a way I cant wait for them to wear out. Then I can give my wife a better excuse than "they suck" or "I dont like them".
Which dealer was this?
Any idea if it's the dealer that chooses what tires goes on it's vehicles or something thats decided before at the manufacturing plant.?

·
Registered
173 Posts
The tires come on the car from the factory, or they are on the wheels from the factory and swapped onto the car after they get here. As far as I know the only 2 cars with tire options are the Genesis Coupe and the Veloster Turbo. In the picture up top though, it has Hankooks on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts