Elantra Forum banner

Hyundai Elantra performance parts

63K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  djdbeedeb13 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Elantra, auto, stock.
I am looking for QUALITY performance/customization parts (not e-bay or craigslist).
I have found shark racing, which is out of Korea, and they have a excellent range of parts, but does anyone know of more sites?

Thank you.

#4 ·
There's this intake from Weapon-R:

2003-08 4CYL HYUNDAI ELANTRA Secret Weapon Intake

MSRP: $259
Item Number: 342-119-101
The Secret Weapon Intake was designed, to increase air intake volume to the engine. The concept is to create two different air velocity profiles, one traveling at higher speeds than the other. This technology increases air volume and speed to the engine, which naturally feeds the engine 3x more air than the conventional air intake system. The intake pipe is bent out of high quality 6061 Aluminum on our Automated CNC mandrel bender. Polished to a high show quality finish. The SW1 Air filter features a tuned velocity stack to increase velocity and decrease turbulence. Only Comes In Polished. 1 Million Mile Limited Warranty Open pore high density re-usable foam Over 250 applications for Car's / Trucks / SUV's

http://www.weapon-r.com/index.php?act=view_product&id=225

#9 ·
I'm new here and I'm hoping this is appropriate... I had a similar question about performance parts when I came across this interesting article entitled: Hyundai and Bisimoto ready 600-hp Elantra GT for SEMA
I thought this was very interesting and they list the names of the manufacturers of the performance parts that they used in this project. Imagine....600 HP in an Elantra!
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/24/hyundai-and-bisimoto-ready-600-hp-elantra-gt-for-sema/

#10 ·
I'm new here and I'm hoping this is appropriate... I had a similar question about performance parts when I came across this interesting article entitled: Hyundai and Bisimoto ready 600-hp Elantra GT for SEMA
I thought this was very interesting and they list the names of the manufacturers of the performance parts that they used in this project. Imagine....600 HP in an Elantra!
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/24/hyundai-and-bisimoto-ready-600-hp-elantra-gt-for-sema/
It is a great build, but if you go to Bisi's website you'll see a lot, if not most, of the parts are custom made one off parts. That build would be insanely expensive for a regular customer. I would say most likely close to the $25k range. Now a small turbo kit would be nice for them to make though. Maybe say an extra 75hp or so that would be a nice setup.

#12 ·
that isn't practical for the regular person

and intake header exhaust is more than enough

exhausts can be made custom.

headers - check ebay?

intake - there should be some available online
I agree, but if you look cars in a practicle sense, it's not practicale to have a car that'll go over 80mph in the US, but just about all of them will. I guess it just depends on what you're into. Down here in South Florida it's common to see originally N/A cars with turbo setups. Our cars are quite underpowered. Doing the exhaust and intake work will not get you close to what these should have. They need at least 20 more hp. You might, if you're lucky, get 10 to 15hp at most out of doing the exhaust and intake.

#14 ·
As far as doing an exhaust, I don't want it to sound like a river in fact I don't want much sound out of it at all. but more flow would be nice. I want fuel mileage not so much power. I drive 80 miles a day for work, any ideas. It's all stock besides wheels

#15 ·
I installed a cheapo ebay brand short air ram and got bigger results then expected, http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-Short-...-L4-/291619695074?vxp=mtr&hash=item43e5e369e2 this comes in blue black or red, and is like most short air rams only expected to add a max of around 13 hp to the engines peak performance. However recently after putting the car on a dyno the Whp topped at 174, a whole 29hp more then stock for my 2013 elantra GT, which is great because it was below 50$, took a max of 10 minutes to install, and adds a nice deeper tone to the stock engine sound. next step for me is a stiffer suspension though, followed by an exhaust system.

Attachments

Reactions: Pokky_Stikk