Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hyundai Elantra named Car of the Year Philippines MANILA, Philippines - The Hyundai Elantra was named the 2011-2012 Car of the Year Philippines (COTY-P) by the Car Awards Group Inc.
This was the first time for a Korean carmaker to win Car of the Year in the country.
The Hyundai Elantra, which bested 11 finalists out of 36 nominees, was described as the "car that offers best value to the consumers."
It ranked high in the qualitative tests, where it was scored based on criteria such as aesthetics, comfort, and drivability. It was also a top performer in the technical test, which evaluated acceleration, braking, and handling characteristics of each vehicle, while offering great value for money.
"The COTY-P award is well-deserved by the Hyundai Elantra and makes this the 4th COTY award received worldwide by the Elantra. The results are also a validation that CAGI's COTY testing procedures are internationally up to par," CAGI President Ferman Lao said in a statement.

Other winners include:

Basic Subcompact Car Kia Picanto 1.0 M/T
Subcompact Car Suzuki Swift 1.4 A/T
Compact Car Hyundai Elantra 1.8 GLS A/T
Crossover Kia Sportage 2.0
Luxury Mid-sized Car Volvo S60 T4
Luxury Compact Crossover MINI Countryman S
Midsize SUV 4x2 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 4x2 M/T
Midsize SUV 4x4 Mitsubishi Montero Sport GTV 4x4 A/T
Luxury SUV Ford Explorer V6 AWD
Pickup 4x2 Mitsubishi Strada 4x2 A/T
Pickup 4x4 Mitsubishi Strada 4x4 A/T

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's been a long time since I've been in the Philippines. I remember the part I stayed at barely had any cars. Just people on trolly's selling food.

It's prlly a much different place than I remember now. Good for Hyundai

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hyundai has moved to great lengths! they're best investment was hiring that guy from Audi to design their cars! now that was a smart move.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts