Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64 Posts
I will say after owning my 2013 I would never pay what most people are asking for one of these vehicles, or the new car price. While I know mine was abused in its previous lives (started as a rental then the owner I bought it from was a horrible driver and treated it bad) I just don't think these cars are well made. There are many of them on the road and some seem to last (mine is a little over 181k miles) but if it would have cost me the $6000+ that people are asking for them in my area I would have laughed at them. I'm all in right now at about $1300 (that's the car, taxes, title, rear bumper cover, tie rod end and ac line/recharge) and I'm ok with that amount. It could use new struts/shock and an alignment but I'll wait until it has paid for itself in gas savings - about another 6000 miles - before spending more on it.

It'll be a good college car for my daughter since I know it will rarely get driven while she is there and once she is done I'll probably be able to sell it for the <$2000 I'll have in it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts