Elantra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
What do you think Hyundai could do to improve itself and reclaim the top spot?
Not worry about it.

IF they are pretty much selling all of them that they can make.......what's the point ??

If not, I think that the appearance is that Hyundai doesn't have as many "deals" (sales incentives) as Honda or Toyota and price might be an issue.
I'm pretty sure that I could have gotten a Civic or a Corolla for less money than my Elantra.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think when it comes to competing with the Civic and Corolla, it really comes down to reliability and mileage. And make sure it's accurate!

·
Registered
296 Posts
It'll be tough to beat out names like the Corolla and Civic.

I already think the Elantra is doing very well. It'll be never before we see more Elantras on the road vs Civics/Corollas.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If Hyundai really wanted to sell more Elantras they would reduce the price slightly, but I think Hyundai is quite happy with the Elantra. It will go through a redesign too and be a bit more up to date again. No huge complaints here.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If Hyundai really wanted to sell more Elantras they would reduce the price slightly, but I think Hyundai is quite happy with the Elantra. It will go through a redesign too and be a bit more up to date again. No huge complaints here.
i think they would just reduce pricing enough so that all the automotive news media outlets report it as the cheapest in it's segment. what better way to get free marketing than that?

marketing is key to sales.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The pricing is already competitive. No need to reduce price.

Offer more features standard to make it competitive. And most importantly. Develop a reliable car. Over generations if the Elantra can develop a reputation for reliability it will continue to rise in sales.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If Hyundai really wanted to move Elantras like no ones business they would make it RWD, Twin Turboed, getting 35 mpg and costing no more than $15,000.

Even then i dont know if it would outsell the Civic and Corolla ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
If Hyundai really wanted to move Elantras like no ones business they would make it RWD, Twin Turboed, getting 35 mpg and costing no more than $15,000.

Even then i dont know if it would outsell the Civic and Corolla ;)
Maybe if they gave away a pony with the Elantra too?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Maybe if they gave away a pony with the Elantra too?
Oh no, no. that would likely double the cost of ownership :eek: The thing that really sells cars for Toyota and Honda is their legendary customer service, there are so many intangibles to owning a Toyota or a Honda, and there needs to be becasue based on the cars they actually produce no one should be buying them.

The Elantra is far and away a better car than the Corolla and the Civic for that matter it just doesnt have the brand rep of the other two...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would really like to see a rear view camera included. They should be standard on all vehicles soon, and they are really useful for parking, and cutting down on accidents. I wouldn't think that they are too much money to install either, so it wouldn't do crazy things to the price of the Elantra.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Oh no, no. that would likely double the cost of ownership :eek: The thing that really sells cars for Toyota and Honda is their legendary customer service, there are so many intangibles to owning a Toyota or a Honda, and there needs to be becasue based on the cars they actually produce no one should be buying them.

The Elantra is far and away a better car than the Corolla and the Civic for that matter it just doesnt have the brand rep of the other two...
I wouldn't really say legendary customer service.

I've seen some pretty poor customer service from all manufacturers. Toyota and Hondas are popular because of their reputation to make cars that work and are reliable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wouldn't really say legendary customer service.

I've seen some pretty poor customer service from all manufacturers. Toyota and Hondas are popular because of their reputation to make cars that work and are reliable.
its pretty legendary from the way i hear people talk about them...

As for rear view cameras i hope they dont become standard on everything, and if they do i'm going to begin smashing them nightly, it just makes people terrible drivers. If you cant use your mirrors or turn your head yo look behind you then get out of the car, turn your licence in and ride the bus.

The more we take the difficulty out of driving the worse people are going to get at it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts