Elantra Forum banner

HI, just joined. my 2013 Elantra limited has the upstream O2 sensor in the lower location like the GT model. is this unusual?

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  dillon snw 
#1 ·
HI, just joined. my 2013 Elantra limited has the upstream O2 sensor in the lower location like the GT model. is this unusual? any videos on how to remove. thanks PS is the part number different?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
thanks DocDoug, think i didn't ex plane my situation right. car is totally stock i bought it new,and no issues now with MIL/DTC. runs good. awhile back i had my first engine light at 40,000 miles it was a P0301 and P0456 all fixed and running good. while i was working on the fix i found a youtube site showing how to remove the upstream O2 sensor on a 2013 elantra 1.8L the sensor on his car was easy to do on top on exhaust sticking out of the heat shield. i looked at mine not there it lower down the header and has to be removed from the bottom side. this is original never been modified. my elantra is a 2013 limited and i found a youtuber with a elantra GT the hatch back car with the O2 located down there, leading me to think Hyundai maybe interchanged these engines. all no big problem just odd to me.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
thanks for the reply, i probably should move on away from Hyundai,as now no issues, but as you say long term quality is the problem. this is my 3rd Hyundai im a slow learner i guess. bought the first 1986 Hyundai what a disaster,the Exel model they advertised so cheap you could buy 2 for the price of other similar brands. they were right CHEAP. I rebuilt the whole front suspension and the engine before giving up. Then in 2005 figuring they have got there act together i bought a Santa Fe, was a good car then i traded for the car for the one i have now, 2013 Elantra no issues mechanically at 40,000 miles. :unsure:

Discussion starter · #7 ·
A friend in high school had one of these. Poor car could barely made 65mph. It didn't last long.
Oh yeah, when it started to fail, should have sold the car. took the car to a small one man garage, he said he would rebuild for $900 he disassembled the engine told me it was so bad it would cost $1500 to fix, i didn't have the $$ so i told him to keep the car. of course he didn't want it so offered me option to install a used engine for $1000, so i did and sold the car the next week. live and learn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.