Elantra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plugged in my iPod Nano today with the standard Apple cable and the operation was very flaky. At first it would not play at all but it eventually worked, sort of. I did not have full integration where I could choose artist, song, playlist, etc. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have this problem with my wife's elantra, but her's is a 2010. I tried it in mine and ended up having a problem with the cable. However, even with the new cable, I still have problems with my wife's. it will play fine now, but I cant select anything. I just kind of have to listen whatever it wants to play. Hyundai said it's working "properly" and there was no problem found. In other words, they dont want to deal with it. So after all that, my only suggestion is to try a different cable just so you can rule that out and if you can get a different ipod to test, try that as well. if that doesn't work, take it to the dealership.

·
Registered
137 Posts
take it to the dealership.
Some model years work with the "standard" Apple cord and some require a "special" Hyundai cord.

Hopefully your dealer should be able to help sort out which you need.
If you need their "special" one, likely you will have to pay for it though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I read that some of the Apple updates were affecting the functionality between the car and the iPod/iPhone. My wife has a 2013 Sonata and when our iPhones received the iOS7 update it stopped working via USB cable. Now I use an auxiliary cable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an elantra 2014 just picked up this week and my ipod wont work. I used the recommended cable with the aux and usb combo but still no luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2014 elantra and an iPhone 5 with iOS 7 and I have no problems with mine. I use an Amazon lightning cable to plug in. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't notify for texts or ring while plugged in, but on like Satellite radio (like if i was just using it to charge). Other than that, everything works.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you don't need the cable (aka charging the pod) you can bluetooth the audio depending on model and features. I'll have my iPhone plugged in and have the wife bluetooth a song from her iPhone and it works fine. I don't know if Hyundai has provided a lighting connector yet for the cable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts