Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I have a 2017 Hyundai Elantra Limited. I got the car in early just this year and it has been great. About 20000 miles on it. Recently, however, I have been hearing a clicking sound when I first apply my brakes. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it will only do so once. Even if I take my foot off the brake and then reapply it won't happen. I am wondering what this could possibly be. I don't notice anything in performance and it seems to be coming from the driver's side of the car. Sometimes it sounds like it's the rear side, but I can't always tell. If you have any further questions I will be happy to answer them. Just trying to figure out what could be the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone. I have a 2017 Hyundai Elantra Limited. I got the car in early just this year and it has been great. About 20000 miles on it. Recently, however, I have been hearing a clicking sound when I first apply my brakes. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it will only do so once. Even if I take my foot off the brake and then reapply it won't happen. I am wondering what this could possibly be. I don't notice anything in performance and it seems to be coming from the driver's side of the car. Sometimes it sounds like it's the rear side, but I can't always tell. If you have any further questions I will be happy to answer them. Just trying to figure out what could be the issue.
We have 2 kia rios in the family with the same issue, the only thing i can think of, it's related to the abs system..but the brakes work perfectly normal, the sound even disappears for weeks at a time, very strange.. fyi, my 2012 Elantra has been the most reliable car i have owned in 40 yrs... if it had 30 more hp, awd, and better drivers seat, it would be perfect, just saying...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts