Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since purchase the headlights on the 2013 GT do not go very far. Am I looking at just needing to adjust them up (if so, how) or do I need new bulbs (if so, which ones) or a combination of the two?

·
Registered
14 Posts
own a '14 GT. I agree, the headlights fall a little short for my taste. I'd like another 10 feet. What I don't like is the high beams don't extend view any further ( brighter, side view and up but not further ). No adjusting needed. Headlights have level adjusters under the hood. Check levelers, bubble should be in the middle

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've installed LED (ballasted) bulbs into my wife's GT and the headlights (projector) seem a bit low using this style LED bulb (large yellow dome LED element on one side of the bulb). I'm guessing the combination of projector lens and 'one sided' LED bulb make cause the throw to be shorter than expected. Bright on the ground just not too far out. The ballasted LED high beams I installed are EPIC! Same style bulb but different reflector assembly. They can over power the high beams of the car in front of you! (traveling same direction). VERY bright and high (tops of trees easily). I installed the same style high-beam LEDs in my Elantra Coupe with amazing results.
Due to lack of throw from the headlights, I'll be installing ballasted LED fog lights very soon to add more front end lighting.

Lighting systems care of PrecisionLED (head-lights and high-beams) and SuperBrightLEDs for the foglights (scheduled to arrive w/ in 72 hours).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts