Elantra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Brand new member to the forums here. I was in the market for a used car for months, and then as luck would have it I spied a Blue Sky Metallic 2013 Coupe GS that had just gone onto the lot at a local Nissan dealer. Looked pretty nice online, looked even better in-person. I got a killer get-this-car-off-my-lot deal at 6pm on the last day of 2021. 70K miles, and in pretty darn good shape. Interior is super clean. Both front and rear bumper panels have some scarring, but I'm not bothered. I love this car! So glad I grabbed it. I'll be asking questions about it in other sections of these forums, but I just wanted to come by and say "Hi!" to everyone.

Kit

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's a nice looking car, and I hope you don't have any issues with it, but the 2013 model is actually the worst car Honda put out for engine reliability. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones.

Sent from my LGL355DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It's a nice looking car, and I hope you don't have any issues with it, but the 2013 model is actually the worst car Honda put out for engine reliability. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones.

Sent from my LGL355DL using Tapatalk
Hopefully I will be one of the lucky ones. I suppose you always take your chances with a pre-owned. CarFax doesn't reveal any major repairs having ever been done on this vehicle. Just the cosmetic front bumper damage. I'll continue to pray to the automotive gods for a good life with this car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a 2013 Elantra GLS... Purchased new in 2012 and loved it for all 9 years I owned it. I never had 1 engine problem. I changed it over to synthetic oil very soon after purchasing it and religiously maintained it. It was totaled in November (RIP) by an inattentive driver (GRRR). It had 112k miles on it and I think that Blue Sky metallic paint job is what kept me in it so long. That interior is hard to beat too. Take care of her and she'll take care of you... Mine was ceramic coated and looked like the day I brought her home when she was taken from me.

Enjoy your new ride and take good care of it... It'll return the favor. The only major issue I had was a transmission failure at 75k miles and Hyundai took good care of me with that.

The lights are VLand LED all the way around...I highly recommend and loved them. If you have questions about your car and I can help, feel free to reach out: (I have a front bumper skirt and side skirts already painted (paint code N2U - lol) that I need to get rid of... They are the OEM ones and I had purchased them a month before the guy hit me. The reason I don't have the rear one is because I installed it the night before it was totaled...I was mad about that.

Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Hood

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Daytime

·
Registered
14 Posts
ALSO... Don't park with general public parking spots lol!!

I parked in all corner spots no matter the walking distance. There were no dings on my car for those 9 years... And she never saw a garage. I just liked taking care of her. It was easy to look at leaving the parking spot and I always enjoyed walking back to it. She was pretty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, that's the way I feel about this Coupe cutie. I'll love taking really good care of her. There are a few things that need restoring, like that front bumper, to make her truly pretty again. Synthetic oil, huh? Maybe I should do that, too. I'll take her to the Hyundai dealership for a good look-over once I put about 500 miles on her.

·
Registered
32 Posts
... I hope you don't have any issues with it, but the 2013 model is actually the worst car...
Hmm, I see tons of them. Which engine is the issue, 1.8 or 2.0?

I picked up my 2013 with the 1.8 and 174,500 miles on it. I've put 4000 on it so far and will be doing the 2nd oil change next weekend. I bought it for my commute to work - truck was getting 13-14 and this gets 27+ - so I could save $$. Every 1000 miles I out on it I save $100. With the car, taxes and repairs (rear bumper cover, tire & tie rod end) I'm in it for $1,200 so if it lasts me 2 years I'll have saved enough to pay for itself, including the extra insurance costs.
It's far from my favorite vehicle. I call it my turd, the wife calls it sweet ride, but it gets me to and from work and isn't totally offensive so I can live with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, that's the way I feel about this Coupe cutie. I'll love taking really good care of her. There are a few things that need restoring, like that front bumper, to make her truly pretty again. Synthetic oil, huh? Maybe I should do that, too. I'll take her to the Hyundai dealership for a good look-over once I put about 500 miles on her.
Yes, you won't be sorry...I went every 5000 miles for changes even though the manual says 7500 for the conventional... That sounded like a recipe for disaster to an old school 3,000mi oil change on cars prior to this. The motor always sounded happy, no clicks and whatnot. And synthetic tends to just be about 20 bucks extra...I feel it with that easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts