Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My girlfriend has a 2013 Elantra gls. I have read some other threads but can't seem to find a good answer or solution. Today, after starting the car, noticed that the speedometer, odometer, gas gauge, rpms are all not working. They all light up but nothing works. The only thing that is reading is the Temp Gauge. Check engine light came on and got a P0462 (fuel level A sensor circuit low input). I disconnected the battery, checked fuses, flipped I/P switch on and off. Still nothing. Would a fuel sensor cause the gauges to not work? To me, I am thinking the check engine light came on because the gauges aren't working so the car thinks the fuel sensor isn't working too??? This all happened out of no where, no signs of anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was the temperature extremely cold prior, a day or two, to this event? Was there rain or snow prior to the issue?

I had the same problem and determined that I have a humidity problem (aka - Leak). I sealed a few possibilities and am waiting for the next extreme wet day and / or cold day to cause high humidity in the vehicle. I also had frost on the INSIDE of the windows, prior to the failure. My quick fix.... air it out and it worked a few hours later. (Typical of this problem.) Permanent fix will be to find the cause of the high humidity.

I searched and found others with same symptoms, that led up to the failure that we all had. My car is a 2013 Elantra sedan. Only 36,000 miles.

Let us know!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts