Elantra Forum banner

Elantra gt

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  16 elantra gt 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have problems with the back end bouncing around from just about any size bumps?
Real squirrely in the back?
Also alignment in the rear end

#2 ·
Does anyone else have problems with the back end bouncing around from just about any size bumps?
Real squirrely in the back?
Also alignment in the rear end
I also have a 2016 Elantra GT and yes I notice some movement in the rear when I hit bumps man holes etc. I askes a mechanic at the dealership one time about it and he said it was because of not having independent rear suspension, there are a few threads about this already posted, some people have seen improvement with upgraded shocks.

#3 ·
I've seen that too. But it's not quite a perfect fix also. Some said it helped, bit didn't use the problem.
Also I must have hit a good pothole , they say the axle is bent. So, because of this type of axle, there are no adjustments for alignment. So far I can't find anyone to shim it. They just keep saying I need a new axle.
So sometimes if u get an alignment done, be sure to ask they did the rear, cuz most likely they didn't. Not for a regular 4 wheel alignment. Only one adjustment in the front. So getting a good alignment is hard. I'd get a second opinion just to be sure if u ever do.
I'm fighting with hyundai now for them to fix it. Dealership wants $1500 plus labor N tax.
(New axle) if I had adjustments for alignment, It'd be less than $100

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.