Elantra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the 2.0l trim ever recive a sports spec model and carry this motor in it as well?

2.0-liter Theta II turbocharged GDI engine, the 2012 Hyundai Sonata offers an unprecedented combination of segment-leading fuel efficiency and power – with a 34 mpg highway rating, 274 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 269 lb-ft of torque from 1,800 - 4,500 rpm with regular fuel. The Sonata 2.0T delivers an outstanding 22 mpg city and 34 mpg highway.
if it did man would this car pack a punch!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was reading that Hyundai is working on a performance version of it's Elantra 2 door hatch in Europe. No word on what exactly it will have but if they have any hope in making it a hit, it will need this powerplant, or something similar.

So, at the moment, IF this becomes a reality it will be in Europe first, maybe a year later for North America?

·
Registered
46 Posts
When I bought my Elantra sport the dealer hinted about the possibility of a 2.0 turbo. I think it would be a fun car but probably wont happen. In America the Elantra is an economy car competing against the Civic and Carolla. I just don't see them adding a performance turbo edition of the Elantra. Especially when they have the Veloster and Genesis coupe in the lineup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts