Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's really early in the game since the Elantra Coupe is still very new but what are the chances of an Elantra Coupe R-Spec coming out in the future?

Hyundai is already kicking arse with it's Genesis Coupe R-Spec, giving the all new Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ a serious run for it's money. Bringing out an Elantra Coupe R-Spec might be what Hyundai needs beat Honda at their own game with the Civic Si Coupe which almost dominates the current compact FWD coupe segment.

Discuss!

·
Registered
54 Posts
it's possible if there enough of a demand which there just might be if the Elantra coupe can prove to be better than other cars that have been here for much longer like the civic.

remember the elantra coupe JUST came out, so it could be another year before we hear anything official about a r-spec coupe.

·
Registered
153 Posts
tough to say if it'll happen, i heard something about hyundai planning out more r-spec models across it's vehicle line up.

i know the gen sedan is one of them, elantra coupe is very possible.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't think there is a market for it. The Genesis Coupe fills that market.
gencoupe fills up the FR market, but I think it's time Hyundai made a move to the compact FF market with a car like the Elantra Coupe R-Spec, a possible great competitor for the Civic SI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts