Elantra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have any plans to modify your Elantra Coupe?

Which modifications do you plan on doing?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Coupe Upgrades

I have white (6K) LED interior (maps, dome, vanity), license plate, reverse, and 30 LED trunk strip bulbs ready to go (don't have the car yet). Beam wiper blades, K&N air filter, Rain X washer fluid, HIDs are later and a light window tint. Infinity speaker upgrade. Maybe snowtires next year.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have white (6K) LED interior (maps, dome, vanity), license plate, reverse, and 30 LED trunk strip bulbs ready to go (don't have the car yet). Beam wiper blades, K&N air filter, Rain X washer fluid, HIDs are later and a light window tint. Infinity speaker upgrade. Maybe snowtires next year.
Any before and after pictures of the lighting?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'll be taking many pics of before, during and after. Both cars (our current 2012 sedan vs 2013 coupe, same color) side by side at the dealer, then before mods, more with half mods (comparing left and right versions, one side upgraded the other stock) and then after each mod is done.

Just need to have the car delivered, later this month we hope.

·
Registered
171 Posts
We upgraded to a 2014 Coupe and I've installed HID headlights (6000K), LED DRLs (6000K) , LED front signal lights (amber), full LED interior (6000K), LED strip trunk light (6000K), HID foglights enroute (6000K), K&N air filter, beam wiper blades, plasma LED reverse lights (6000K), LED license plate bulbs (6000K), got the dealer to install auto dimmer mirror (not available with Tech package WTF?).

·
Registered
2 Posts
So far I've done the following mods:
-Tinted Taillights and Headlights
-PlastiDip Wheels and Emblem (Changed Emblem)
-HID Headlights
-Painted Calipers Red
-Licence Plate Relocator
-Magnaflow Muffler and Resonator Delete
-PIAA Horn Replacement
-LED Interior Lights
-K&N Short Ram Intake
-Painted Calipers Red
-PlastiDip Rims Black
Still to come are lowering springs, front lip, side skirts and getting 18" XXR-527 rims/tires

·
Registered
124 Posts
The One thing I really want is, Vent Visors. Have not found a set for the coupe. Maybe an aftermarket exhaust system. That would probably have to be custom made.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We upgraded to a 2014 Coupe and I've installed HID headlights (6000K), LED DRLs (6000K) , LED front signal lights (amber), full LED interior (6000K), LED strip trunk light (6000K), HID foglights enroute (6000K), K&N air filter, beam wiper blades, plasma LED reverse lights (6000K), LED license plate bulbs (6000K), got the dealer to install auto dimmer mirror (not available with Tech package WTF?).
Where did you get those HID headlights?? Lol I was wondering the same thing why they didnt instal the auto dimmer mirror. The 2013 Coupe with tech had it included but for some reason the 2014 doesn't :(

I'm thinking of getting CAI, new muffler, and tints.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The HID systems came from XenonSupply.com. They have great support and install videos on the website for the Elantra too. Be sure the check the bulbs themselves prior to ordering because I've found the owners manual to be incorrect.

The auto dimming mirror was available on our 2012 sedan w/o the tech package. I asked about it on our 2014 and they put it on for free.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts