Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a preference for the four door version. I think it looks better plus you don't have to annoyingly move the front seats up to get people and things into the back. What do you peeps think?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Coupe looks very sporty. I'm torn, but since I have a family, the only choice was the GLS sedan. If I was single, I definitely would have gone with the Coupe.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'd bet the Elantra Coupe would win the battle for best looks when compared to its hatchback sibling... In North America but I can't say the same in Europe and pther countries.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think the four-door looks quite nice, but the coupe is definitely more sporty. I ti s kinda splitting hairs here and a lot of the difference in choice between the two isn't the look but the function. Some people hate moving the seat forward to get in the back. That's what it comes down to for me. I don't have kids or anything though but I might go for the four-door anyway just for the convenience. And isn't the coupe more expensive?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think they're priced the same. They have different wheels and the front grill looks a little different. The Coupe also has two exhausts and the doors are a little longer. I was told by the dealership that since it is a little more sporty, it handles differently than the sedan. Everything else seems to be the same from the interior to the engine. The vehicle comparison from the Hyundai website also shows very little difference between the two.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The four-door Elantra looks more European to me. It looks more like a hatchback than the coupe which looks like it has a traditional trunk instead. I am guessing this is not actually true, but even so it is a difference in the look of the two vehicles.

·
Registered
80 Posts
mr smith how come you're only considering the Elantra GT and the Elantra Coupe? What about the Elantra Sedan?? It will give you the same styling as the coupe but with the versatility and 4 doors of the GT....

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's pretty much personal preference. They are both great looking cars.

The coupe is more sleek and the sedan is boxier. Both are great looking cars when compared to the civic.

·
Registered
163 Posts
that is a very good point they indeed do look a whole lot better than the honda civic. At this pace Honda only has their performace si model that can fight but if Hyndai ever decides to make a performance Elantra with its killer looks, some one might be in trouble.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Elantra sedan does look nice. I especially like it in red. Is there a price difference between each of these vehicles. Because I like the GT and the sedan so my preference may come down to which is cheaper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Elantra sedan does look nice. I especially like it in red. Is there a price difference between each of these vehicles. Because I like the GT and the sedan so my preference may come down to which is cheaper.
Yes! Red! That's what I got. My wife wanted the gray because she said red is too visible (to highway patrols). I said being visible isn't a bad thing. I want other drivers to be aware of where I am at all times.

As far as price is concerned (in my area anyway), the GT is about $2,000 more.

·
Registered
80 Posts
that is a very good point they indeed do look a whole lot better than the honda civic. At this pace Honda only has their performace si model that can fight but if Hyndai ever decides to make a performance Elantra with its killer looks, some one might be in trouble.
What does Honda have to fight for? They have a top position, they move the civic in VOLUME, it outsells F-150s....

Elantra can't fight the civic because it doesnt have the same 20 year pedigree as civic, nor the blinding dedication of the young... Civic is the Camaro of our generation..

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've owned a sedan and currently own a coupe (both white). I think the "better" looking one may depend on the trim level. A 4dr Limited looks better than a GS coupe. Our SE coupe looks awesome over all trims regardless of how many doors. Overall I'd have to give the nod to the coupe: updated front end, dual exhaust and the lip spoiler are nice touches.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes! Red! That's what I got. My wife wanted the gray because she said red is too visible (to highway patrols). I said being visible isn't a bad thing. I want other drivers to be aware of where I am at all times.

As far as price is concerned (in my area anyway), the GT is about $2,000 more.
$2,000 more isn't terrible. I might be able to convince my self to spend that extra money. In the end the deposit I would put down is the same so it would just be savings of a little bit of money per month if i were to opt in for the GT.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In my opinion, it looks like they made the sedan first and made it well. The bodylines work! It fits together well visually. It looks like the coupe took the sedan and tried to change the lines to work with the new shape. It wasn't done badly, it still goes together, just lacks a little of the originality. The hatchback (again, in my opinion) is a fail.

Now this is backwards from my usual opinion. I LOVE hatchbacks and find sedans boring! Sometimes life throws the exceptions to the rules at me. It was mostly the price that sold me my coupe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Elantra can't fight the civic because it doesnt have the same 20 year pedigree as civic, nor the blinding dedication of the young... Civic is the Camaro of our generation..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts