Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time posting here, hoping to get some guidance. I've been to mechanic already, and they couldn't diagnose problem.

Car: 02 elantra GLS, 2.0 liter, 5 speed manual. Bone stock. No aftermarket.

Problem: car is sporadically losing power. Running on road or in driveway makes no difference. Car will buck, nearly die, and then sometimes regain power. The engine light will come on when this happens, but goes out once power / speed is restored. Tried running code scanner, but nothing comes up.

I replaced plugs and wires, and ran fuel cleaner through it. Thought it may be bad plug wire or plugged filter. Didn't help again all. Mechanic seems to think it's something with the computer or TPS.

Anyone else had an issue like this or other suggestions?

If it is the computer, I want to be sure I get the correct replacement. Which numbers on the ECU have to match? What is the number on the lower left for? It looks like a date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I don't need a front yard ornament!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
could be a faulty fuel pump. On the car I replaced, It would almost die each time I would come to a stop light. Then, on the hwy, it just quit. No warnings, nothing. About 2 months later, it was totalled out in a 4 car rear-ender.. Thats when I got my Elantra.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts