Elantra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I exit my 2013 Elantra and close the drivers door it sometimes locks itself. The other three doors remain unlocked. My wife insists that I am doing something when I exit to cause this because it does not happen to her. I am not slamming the door and not hitting the door lock button upon exit. I think that it is probably a short in the drivers door and if it is it surely would be under warranty but if it is being caused by some movement of mine I would like to know. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, G

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think that it is probably a short in the drivers door and if it is it surely would be under warranty but if it is being caused by some movement of mine I would like to know. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, G
There actually may be a mechanical problem with the drivers door lock.
Either way, take it in to your dealer.
It would actually be better if you could figure out how to make it happen.

It probably is not electrical because I don't think there is anything you can do electrically to cause only ONE door to lock.

While we can't prove it, the wife and I both swear that our Elantra just decides to lock itself up while sitting in the garage or driveway......not always but sometimes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this would be a dealer issue if I could duplicate it but it has happened 3 times now, only to me, not my wife. I can't make happen every time. thanks for the reply, G

·
Registered
137 Posts
I know this would be a dealer issue if I could duplicate it ......
There always is a chance that they have seen the condition before and know how to fix it already.

You won't know if you don't ask. ;)

I actually had an OLD Volvo where the button on the drivers door wasn't coming all the way up.....and then closing the door caused it to click down, locked again. The last time that happened to me the keys were inside AND the engine was running.......because it was 10 below outside.

The wife was REALLY happy to come out in that kind of weather to bring me the extra key. :mad: (not)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I know this would be a dealer issue if I could duplicate it but it has happened 3 times now, only to me, not my wife. I can't make happen every time. thanks for the reply, G
you could request that the dealership keeps your car for a few days and try to replicate it over time that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts