Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2013 coupe now I need to get rid of my 2001 4 door Elantra but I cannot get the doors to unlock. I've changed the battery in the fob and it seems that wasn't the problem because the lights on the fob are operating as they were before. When I click the unlock button or lock button, I do not hear it moving at all. When I put the key in the door lock and try to manually unlock the door, it will still not unlock. I am able to open the trunk with the key but no doors at all so I have no way of getting in the car.
Any suggestions- trying not to spend any money on this since the transmission on the car has to be replaced so it's going to the junk yard.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I put the key in the door lock and try to manually unlock the door, it will still not unlock.

so it's going to the junk yard.
It is possible that the battery in the car is stone cold dead......and even the door key slot is really an electrical switch and not mechanical like the trunk.

But I don't understand: If it is going to the junk yard anyway, have it towed there. THEY can get it open. ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
When I put the key in the door lock and try to manually unlock the door, it will still not unlock.

Now is strange.. If the battery is dead it should still unlock with the key...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All of my service records are in the glove box with the credit card receipts attached so I'm really just trying to get the receipts out of the car- otherwise I would have them take it as is. Guess I learned my lesson not to keep the receipts attached to the service statements ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are a number of donation websites that will come and pick up your car for free AND give you a gift card. Most don't even require a title or keys ...and the tax write off is awesome! It may even help you pay off your new coupe :)

Good luck!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts