Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes. There are disclaimers for everything. 40 MPG seems to be this magical number that all manufacturers are trying to hit, but Hyundai and Kia fell short. I am an optimist and I believe they believed their cars were doing well, until people started complaining and they were forced to revise their numbers and their testing process. They made a mistake, and they are owning up to it. Not only are they saying "We goofed!", they are attempting reimbursement. Overall, I am pleased. They live up to everything else about their brand. I'm not throwing the baby out with the bathwater because of a number that may or may not be realistic.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes. There are disclaimers for everything. 40 MPG seems to be this magical number that all manufacturers are trying to hit, but Hyundai and Kia fell short. I am an optimist and I believe they believed their cars were doing well, until people started complaining and they were forced to revise their numbers and their testing process. They made a mistake, and they are owning up to it. Not only are they saying "We goofed!", they are attempting reimbursement. Overall, I am pleased. They live up to everything else about their brand. I'm not throwing the baby out with the bathwater because of a number that may or may not be realistic.
I feel the same way. When I heard about the false MPG rating I was shocked that this was coming from Hyundai and Kia. It wasn't like they were off by a large number either.
They definitely do deserve credit for owning up to the "false claim" they made and even better paying back owners for as long as they own the vehicle.
Anyone who see's them as not being credible might be taking this situation way too seriously.

·
Registered
296 Posts
This isn't the first time they have missed this claim have they? Well I didn't buy the Elantra purely for the mileage. It's not a gas guzzlier so I am not too worried. i do think they should try to be more accurate with their claims though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts