Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daughter put a slime-like texture toy on the dashboard of the car overnight and now the outline of the little toy kind of raised the dash vinyl a bit. is there a way to repair this? I'm hoping the sun will naturally dry out what ever chemical caused this to happen, and it will just go back down. It is very slight, but still noticeable and irritating.
Pearl

Steve Pearl, Mechanic's Assistant

· Registered
30 Posts
Have to admit, I've heard something new today with this.

In case the sun doesn't help, there are dash pads that are custom made for most vehicles.

You may want to drop by an auto detail shop or auto interior shop to see if they have come across this and have a fix short of a new dash pad.

Good luck.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have to admit, I've heard something new today with this.

In case the sun doesn't help, there are dash pads that are custom made for most vehicles.

You may want to drop by an auto detail shop or auto interior shop to see if they have come across this and have a fix short of a new dash pad.

Good luck.
Thank you.... I have to admit, we were all pretty shocked when she removed the toy and we found what had happened. Lesson learned, but just hoping it doesn't need to be a costly one... I love the detail and interior shop suggestions, i honestly would not have thought of a detail shop. Thank you for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts