Elantra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the car but I don't think the stock sound system is any good. It sounds distorted when you reach the mid 30's in volume and its not very clear or powerful.

I'm not looking to show off a sound system on the street, I want some great sound to enjoy while I ride my car. I want crisp, clear, impressive quality but I don't want to pay too much.

What are my options? I want to keep the stock radio / panel.
Should I change my stock speakers and tweeters?
Leave it at that or should I also,
Add an amplifier with 5 channels and add a 12" or 10" subwoofer?

Can I do that myself? Has anyone here done this before?

I can't find any tutorials on how to replace speakers for this car. Does any one have any info?

My local car audio shop can do the whole thing for me for $850, components and everything.
I don't want to pay that much.

Please help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I must say that I agree with you 100% on the audio and am interested in doing the same. Curious to see if adding an amplifier along with sub can even be done on the stock head unit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The audio professionals here in Miami are certain that it's possible. I would need a 5 channel amp to power the speakers and the sub on the addition channel.

Has anyone on this forum, which seems to be full of ghosts, done any upgrade to their sound?

·
Registered
3 Posts
with money everything can be done, but if you don't have that much you can install a mid filter on each speaker, like that, those speakers will reproduce only mid sounds like voices or guitars, etc. i installed a pair of tweeters for the back with filters of course, like that there's no distortion because of the bass, i install an amplifier with a 10" subwoofer and the sound is just perfect, try that, you won't regret, each filter cost one dollar, believe me i;ve been doing that for many years and everybody i helped to do that really like the results....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Alpine and Pioneer make a Small 45x4 RMS Amp. That can be hidden in the dash. Has Speaker Level Input. If you do that, You'll need better speakers. My 13 GS I used Infinity RS Components(6030cs) in the doors. And Infinity RS 6032si (Shallow mount) in the rear sides. For the Bass, I have a 12" JL W3v3 in a Sealed box . Powered by a Kicker IX500. And still using the Factory radio. Mainly because of the Steering Wheel Controls, Bluetooth, And the USB port in the dash.

If you do the Alpine or Pioneer Amp, The shop would just cut the Speaker Wires. And Splice it inline.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts