Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all-

My girlfriend just purchased a used 2012 Limited with Tech Package this weekend and we are having some issues. I have followed every direction I could find on how to enter into the Phone Setup screen so that we can pair her phone with the car. I have tried the little phone button at the top left of the navigation and also the phone button on the steering wheel. Each time we have tried this, the screen puts a message at the top of screen that simple says "Initializing Bluetooth" or something to that regard and then just goes away? Obviously we are not original owners so does it make a difference if a previous owner used it and had their stuff stored? Please help as this is very frustrating especially with a process that should be so simple. If I haven't provided enough details as to the model, etc please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

-Jay

·
Registered
14 Posts
hope this helps

make sure your phone has blue tooth turned on first. then press phone button. should say pairing phone on screen. wait till it finds and pairs phone. (may ask for info).
Follow instructions. It should automaticly download your stored contacts.
Note: make sure all of your contacts have names (won't recognize MOM as a contact).
Instruction are in owners manual - if you don't have one and this does not work then go to your nearest dealer. They will do this for you ( for free I hope ).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts