Elantra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited Edition. Suddenly, the buttons on my steering wheel to control volume or switch songs started acting weird. When I press the Volume Up button, the volume goes down. When I press the Volume Down button, I get a “voice recognition” Notification. I’ve tried removing the “multimedia” fuse and still the same thing. Anyone know what I can do to fix this? I really don’t wanna take it to the dealer and pay if I can fix it myself. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited Edition. Suddenly, the buttons on my steering wheel to control volume or switch songs started acting weird. When I press the Volume Up button, the volume goes down. When I press the Volume Down button, I get a “voice recognition” Notification. I’ve tried removing the “multimedia” fuse and still the same thing. Anyone know what I can do to fix this? I really don’t wanna take it to the dealer and pay if I can fix it myself. Thanks!
Were you able to find a solution to this issue.
I’m currently facing the same problem

·
Registered
32 Posts
A lot of issues with steering buttons not working will be related to the clock spring. While not moving but car running, turn the steering wheel while pressing the buttons and see if they work in any position. In many cases you will find they work in one or more steering positions.

This could also be somehting like a BCM issue - dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts