Elantra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I usually buy a bug/wind deflector for my cars and was looking around, but I can't seem to find anyone that sells it for the GT model (or at least lists it as fitting the GT) and was wondering if any of you have bought one for yours? How does it look on the car? Thanks!

·
Registered
363 Posts
BTW don't forget to check your local auto parts store to see if they have an aftermarket deflector, it might be much cheaper than the OEM one and still work just as good. Also check online..... CarID is a great place.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Elantra GT and Elantra share a front clip. Any deflector fitting elantra will fit the sedan, coupe or GT model...
the design is similar but still different, different enough that something like a bug deflector will be specific to each model. just look at each front end:

Elantra GT:

Elantra Sedan:

·
Registered
80 Posts
actually i dont think the Elantra gt will be able to have deflector. They mount up under the hood, the elantra GT hood doesnt start flush at the front.

·
Registered
12 Posts
final answer?

Does anyone know the final call on this deflector thing?

There are several for sale (including on amazon), but I have yet to see a picture of the deflector mounted on the 2013 GT.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What's the use of a bug deflector? Do you really get that many bugs? I live in Miami and bugs aren't an issue like that I don't think. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
bug deflector looks ok but a front end bra would make it look sportier. I've been looking at them and there's one on E-bay for $89.00. I also have vent visors on my car. I bought them on E-bay from Korea for only $39.00 ( they look sharper then one's available in U.S. )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts