Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the cracked outside mirror (glass only) on my 2017 Elantra Limited. Does the existing glass mirror just pop out and the new mirror pop in? I've been told that it's a pretty simple job to replace it but want to make sure I do it right so that i don't mess up any of the wiring that goes to it for blind-spot detection. Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just replaced my daughter's 2018 passenger's side glass. Just sneak in something like a screwdriver over the top and down behind the (remaining) glass and then lever gently outwards. The glass will pop out. The mirror glass has some "male" plastic clippies bonded to it and the mirror housing has the "female" clippies. When you gently push on the new glass, it'll pop right into the housing's clippies -- no adhesives required despite what some websites might tell you.
I got mine from AutoPartsWarehouse and it cost about $18.00 including shipping etc. The brand they supplied was "Kool Vue" (HY76GR) and it was available only as a heated glass type. Hers was not heated but not to worry, it fitted perfectly -- it just means there are no wires to hook up. A "Piece of Pie" as was said in a movie many years ago. guess which one?
Cheers.
RB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts