Elantra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted something earlier, but forgot to put something in the "Title", so not sure if anyone can see my post.

I'm new to forums in general, so I hope I"m putting this in the right place. I have an 2013 Elantra with what I assume is an entry line radio (see pic). My bluetooth suddenly stopped working, and I've read where I should do a hard reboot. I don't have the small hole that you can insert a paper clip or pen for this. I've tried removing the fuse, I've disconnected the battery for >2 hrs, I've even gone so far as to remove the ENTIRE radio, leave it on my kitchen table overnight, and the thing still won't reboot. Or at least I assume it hasn't because the radio presets are still there when I turn it back on. I swear this thing is a zombie radio!!!

BTW...the radio itself works just fine.

Does anyone know if there is a combination of buttons I press and or hold to reboot this thing. The dealer wants $80 just to "diagnose" it and if it needs to be replaced, it'll cost that much more. I really need the bluetooth working.

Thanks
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand what you're saying and I've tried that.

I can't get the bluetooth to even come on. I keep getting a message stating the bluetooth is not ready. I don't see the list of devices that is paired to the radio. I can't get anything related to bluetooth to work. Like I said, I think it's odd though that I can't even get the preset to disappear. That's why I figured a hard reboot might fix it, but I just don't know how to do that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My fiancé had no issues with it until recently when she had to get a new alternator. Since then her phone will connect half the time and even then it will randomly disconnect after several minutes. She had it forget the device and even then it didn't actually forget the device.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts