Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted something earlier, but forgot to put something in the "Title", so not sure if anyone can see my post.

I'm new to forums in general, so I hope I"m putting this in the right place. I have an 2013 Elantra with what I assume is an entry line radio (see pic). My bluetooth suddenly stopped working, and I've read where I should do a hard reboot. I don't have the small hole that you can insert a paper clip or pen for this. I've tried removing the fuse, I've disconnected the battery for >2 hrs, I've even gone so far as to remove the ENTIRE radio, leave it on my kitchen table overnight, and the thing still won't reboot. Or at least I assume it hasn't because the radio presets are still there when I turn it back on. I swear this thing is a zombie radio!!!

BTW...the radio itself works just fine.

Does anyone know if there is a combination of buttons I press and or hold to reboot this thing. The dealer wants $80 just to "diagnose" it and if it needs to be replaced, it'll cost that much more. I really need the bluetooth working.

Thanks
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's kind of odd for the bluetooth to just "stop" working. Are you pairing a phone to it? If so, before poking around with the unit, I'd remove your phone from the list of recognized devices and just re-pair it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand what you're saying and I've tried that.

I can't get the bluetooth to even come on. I keep getting a message stating the bluetooth is not ready. I don't see the list of devices that is paired to the radio. I can't get anything related to bluetooth to work. Like I said, I think it's odd though that I can't even get the preset to disappear. That's why I figured a hard reboot might fix it, but I just don't know how to do that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi SCOLVIN,

Did you find a solution to this issue? I am having the same problem, have tried many different things which have been unsuccessful, and it is getting quite frustrating. Please let me know :)

Thank you,
Mae

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here, 50% of the time it works, otherwise I don't see the bluetooth logo and can't activate it, keeps saying "not ready" and no answer from Hyundai other than buying a new console.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts