Elantra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to start changing my own oil, the dealership just tries to sell me stuff I don't need and doesn't use oil I want. Besides I am just being lazy, I have always done all my own maintenance. Looking at this uni-body I am wondering about lift points, I do have one hydraulic jack that would fit at the pinch welds for changing tires, but I see another spot that looks better. Any ideas that other use? No way my old steel ramps will work, car too low.

·
Registered
3 Posts
when i am changing my oil, i just lift the car on the front passenger side and drop it on a jack stand. I do this all in my garage and have never had a problem. It is a pain that Hyundai didn't create a centre jack point, but i have read that other people jack their cars up at the cross membrane

·
Registered
363 Posts
when i am changing my oil, i just lift the car on the front passenger side and drop it on a jack stand. I do this all in my garage and have never had a problem. It is a pain that Hyundai didn't create a centre jack point, but i have read that other people jack their cars up at the cross membrane
some people even jack their cars up from the tow hook which is a good location, just that i wouldn't only rely on it, it's good if you want a spot to place another jack at

·
Registered
296 Posts
from the rear you could jack it up from the tow hook. if there is one... if there is no jack point in the front you could jack it up from the subframe. but there is always a risk of it slipping if there is no designated point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts