Elantra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my opinion the best feature of the new facelifted 2014 Elantra are the new tail lamps....

they look very high quality...

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I love the new tail lights, it gives it the same premium look as many new vehicles from luxury car makers like Audi, Mercedes, BMW, etc. I doubt many brands making economy cars are doing this. Good to see Hyundai is setting the trend here. +1 for Hyundai.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The headlights and tail lights have been available for a while in other countries. They are about $800 to get here for either the GT or the Sedan. they are supposedly plug and play. http://koreanautoimports.com/ even had the modules to install into your existing headlights and tail lights if you feel brave enough to take it apart. I do agree they are very nice looking though. In a way I wish I would have waited a few months so I could get the GT with the headlight and tail light upgrade, but I know with more features comes higher price tag. I'm gonna guess the msrp will jump up at least $1500 with this addition.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The headlights and tail lights have been available for a while in other countries. They are about $800 to get here for either the GT or the Sedan. they are supposedly plug and play. http://koreanautoimports.com/ even had the modules to install into your existing headlights and tail lights if you feel brave enough to take it apart. I do agree they are very nice looking though. In a way I wish I would have waited a few months so I could get the GT with the headlight and tail light upgrade, but I know with more features comes higher price tag. I'm gonna guess the msrp will jump up at least $1500 with this addition.
will you pickup a set of the new tail lights for yours? Price will prbably come down once they reach NA spec models...

·
Registered
296 Posts
thanks for the info
$800 seems reasonable.

New OEM headlights in the US to buy are more than that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
will you pickup a set of the new tail lights for yours? Price will prbably come down once they reach NA spec models...
If it wasn't a lease I would consider it, but I'm not gonna drop that much on something for a car I wont be keeping. Plus my wife would kill me if I did.

·
Registered
23 Posts
While the tail lights are good looking, I like the headlights with the light tube going through them more.

Reminds me of Audis.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am loving how Hyundai is now incorporating in the LED technology it just goes to show that they are not behind. even for a model like the Elantra it doesn't get missed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts