Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2017 elantra without nav and it has the base audio package. I'm looking to upgrade my sound, I already have an MTX Terminator subwoofer and a BOSS audio 1100 mono amp from my old car. What would be the best / most affordable way to increase my sound with the sub & amp I have now. I'm in a tough spot because my car has a backup camera and controls for the head unit on the steering wheel. Would I have to switch to an aftermarket head unit to do this, or could I still keep the normal head unit? Would that not produce enough power without an aftermarket head unit? Not really sure what to do here, open to any suggestions, please!

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I have a 2017 elantra without nav and it has the base audio package. I'm looking to upgrade my sound, I already have an MTX Terminator subwoofer and a BOSS audio 1100 mono amp from my old car. What would be the best / most affordable way to increase my sound with the sub & amp I have now. I'm in a tough spot because my car has a backup camera and controls for the head unit on the steering wheel. Would I have to switch to an aftermarket head unit to do this, or could I still keep the normal head unit? Would that not produce enough power without an aftermarket head unit? Not really sure what to do here, open to any suggestions, please!
You can keep it ...you can buy a powered line splice which will give you the wires needed for amp and will give you the power necessary for it to sound fine...you can intercept the rest speaker wires in your panels between the doors behind your seat belt strap...if you ask for the colors of the wires you will only have a 50/50 chance at getting it right...hint..they are generally the two that are twisted together,that should help you avoid my mistake of trying to do it by colors..it's not standard for some unknown reason...but that's where I intercepted them and then located the splice units in the trunk...you'll have to run power for them and make sure to have different ground location's for everything and that will help avoid getting unwanted noise

1 - 2 of 2 Posts