Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
No one has yet to tell me what this is, or that they have even seen it before. Dealer thinks I'm nuts for sure...
Where are you located ?

All modern engines have a built-in rev limiter, that is not user accessible, to protect the engine.

I suspect that some locations around the world also mandate a speed limiter.......which may only be accessible with a scan tool or similar.
If that is true, it appears that your's is OFF......and you are somehow seeing it by mistake maybe ???

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It comes on when I start the car, and its more frequent now. When it IS on, if I try to change the screen to say the fuel mileage, it will revert to that Limit screen by default. I took it to the dealer 3 days after I bought it, and the tech was just pressing buttons like mad and stumbled across the fact that if you press the cruise button, it makes the screen turn off and go back to normal. But its really annoying to have to constantly press the cruise button when I start my car to get rid of the screen.

·
Registered
137 Posts
But its really annoying to have to constantly press the cruise button when I start my car to get rid of the screen.
You didn't say exactly but if this is a new car still under warranty, you should NOT have to put up with it.

Take it in, tell them that you want a loaner to drive and you don't want it back until it is fixed.

Be firm but polite.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 2013, a month old. I'm worried they're going to start pulling the dash apart and I'll get it back with a ton of dents and scratches in the plastic. I worked at a KIA dealer in the shop, I know how these guys work. Replace stuff until its fixed, then if not, start bugging the techs at KIA canada until the problem is fixed. It's probably a simple programming issue. I wish I could just talk to a Hyundai Tech at Hyundai Canada myself

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm worried they're going to start pulling the dash apart and I'll get it back with a ton of dents and scratches in the plastic.
And you don't have to accept THAT either.

Anyhow, the bottom line is:
Take it in or learn to live with it.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I know that... Hopefully I'll find the time to bring it in. The shop manager wants to see it himself, but leaves at 4pm everyday and doesn't work saturdays..

·
Registered
138 Posts
You didn't say exactly but if this is a new car still under warranty, you should NOT have to put up with it.

Take it in, tell them that you want a loaner to drive and you don't want it back until it is fixed.

Be firm but polite.
Best advise right here.

@ OP It's an issue they should be making a serious effort to look at. If I were you i would be taking my Elantra in and picking up a loaner/rental from the dealership.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doesn't sound as if they want to fix it... The manager wants to look at it, thats the only thing they have said to me. Until they tell me they will fix it, I'm not going to leave it just to have some pencil pusher look at it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Doesn't sound as if they want to fix it... The manager wants to look at it, thats the only thing they have said to me. Until they tell me they will fix it, I'm not going to leave it just to have some pencil pusher look at it.
OK, so no personal insults intended here BUT........

For all you know, the manager is a Certified Master Technician himself.

Regardless, you need to "play along" with them or you can be assured of
NEVER getting it fixed.

If you are not going to do what they asked you to do, what exactly DO you think should be done ??

It sounds to me like you are being unreasonable here.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The first guy that looked at it gave me the wrong feel.. all he did was press as many buttons randomly. The said "bet you didn't know about all these options eh?" Ummm, actually yes I did, I read the manual, thank you. I'll get it in there someday, but I'm not going to leave it there so the manager can "look at it". I'll leave it there to have diagnostics actually done.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gonna try and make it in tomorrow before this manager leaves. If he stayed there the same amount of time the rest of the staff does, it would not be an issue.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was able to catch the manager today before he left. They NOW put in a case with Hyundai Canada and will keep me posted on what they say. We are all stumped with this stupid screen.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update... They replaced the trip computer... Possibly the PCM, cause they said it was under the hood :/ Car seems to drive better now, better part throttle performance, maybe that'll solve my MPG issue too

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another update... recent computer replacement fixed the issue, and also my MPG has gotten better. Not sure if it's my change in shifting style, or the new computer, but I actually saw 6.9L/100km the other day!! This tank is looking like 7.6L/100km average

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another update... recent computer replacement fixed the issue, and also my MPG has gotten better. Not sure if it's my change in shifting style, or the new computer, but I actually saw 6.9L/100km the other day!! This tank is looking like 7.6L/100km average
First post just to say I'm relieved about your mp/g issue! I've racked up about 1000 miles, averaging 35-36. Looks like we'll have to keep an eye on our ECUs, and TSB's regarding software updates.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It sounded like a software issue of some sort. Fixed by replacing the software and the hardware it comes on. Glad to hear it was resolved.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts