Elantra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If ya do how do you go about not losing radio presets etc when you try to turn everything off via fuses or use a batterry disconnect? Nothing in owners manual!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can't you just write down your presets ahead of time. I think that would be easiest. If you can stop the presets from being deleted, I bet it would be more trouble than its worth.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If ya do how do you go about not losing radio presets etc when you try to turn everything off via fuses or use a batterry disconnect? Nothing in owners manual!
The question is: why bother doing that in the first place ??

How many YEARS will it be out of service ?? ;)

Just make sure you have the non-powered wheels on the pavement and just GO. Nothing in the car will really know that it is not just sitting in your driveway.......except two of the wheels, that is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I asked this on a towing forum and the reply was there is no need, so this is just an FYI. The response was once the key is on in the acc position, just to turn everything OFF, ie, daylight lights, radio any thing that is physically turned on. Guess I will just have to get hooked up and see.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Guess I will just have to get hooked up and see.
I don't understand your concern.
While it is being towed, is the ignition switch NOT in the OFF position ??
If not, why not ??

(Maybe if all 4 wheels are on the ground......to keep the steering from locking ??)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ok I asked this on a towing forum and the reply was there is no need, so this is just an FYI. The response was once the key is on in the acc position, just to turn everything OFF, ie, daylight lights, radio any thing that is physically turned on. Guess I will just have to get hooked up and see.
Sounds like what should be done. But in my experience no matter how I went about it, I always lost my presets, even the set time went back to a flashing "12:00"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Want to purchase 2018 Elantra sport Gt. Anyone towing it behind Motorhome and what procedure do you do to prepare it to tow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts