Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently again my car ('17 Elantra Value) started making an annoying beeping noise when I hit the Next Track/Previous Track toggle on the Steering wheel in Android Auto. It didn't make that noise when I first got the car, but it has come and gone a few times recently and I don't know how it started or more important, how to get rid of it. Any ideas? Very annoying and unnecessary

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine is a 2015...very base...and I do not have any beeps. I wonder if somehow an option is getting activated/deactivated inadvertently? Perhaps in the manual in the radio section there is an answer. I'll have to look in mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think 2015 is a different style, and definitely a different radio, so they're not comparable. Nothing in the manual

·
Registered
3 Posts
This may or may not help, but on our 2011 sonata, the clock spring started to go, and each button on the steering wheel would not do what it should. if you hit the volume button, it could change the track or change the mode. Took it back to the dealer with 140k on it, and they replaced the clock spring for free. it could be related and contacts being crossed or it could just be a setting issue on your phone or car causing it to not happen all the time. Could your phone have been off silent when connected and getting a beep noise? I have found that apple play and android auto have weird quirks to them when it comes to settings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This may or may not help, but on our 2011 sonata, the clock spring started to go, and each button on the steering wheel would not do what it should. if you hit the volume button, it could change the track or change the mode. Took it back to the dealer with 140k on it, and they replaced the clock spring for free. it could be related and contacts being crossed or it could just be a setting issue on your phone or car causing it to not happen all the time. Could your phone have been off silent when connected and getting a beep noise? I have found that apple play and android auto have weird quirks to them when it comes to settings.
Unfortunately, no, I don't think that's related

1 - 9 of 9 Posts