Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Why would you even want to mess with a new head unit and third party control adapters? Not sure which Elantra model you have but the 2013 coupe has a very good head unit with an internal base boost and a pretty good kick to it. I just replaced the factory speakers with the Infinity 6030cs speakers (the kit includes integrated tweeters) and WOW what a difference. I was going to go with an amp as well, but didn't need it after hearing the sound with the new speakers. If don't have the coupe, adding an amp (and speakers) to the existing head unit will cost you less and make a huge difference that I don't think you will be disappointed. IMO!

Good luck dude!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Why would you even want to mess with a new head unit and third party control adapters? Not sure which Elantra model you have but the 2013 coupe has a very good head unit with an internal base boost and a pretty good kick to it. I just replaced the factory speakers with the Infinity 6030cs speakers (the kit includes integrated tweeters) and WOW what a difference. I was going to go with an amp as well, but didn't need it after hearing the sound with the new speakers. If don't have the coupe, adding an amp (and speakers) to the existing head unit will cost you less and make a huge difference that I don't think you will be disappointed. IMO!

Good luck dude!!
I agree.

Years age upgrading your factory headunit was needed as factory headunits were crap! and aftermarket headunits were far more superior.

These fays factory headunits are perfect as-is.

If anything I would upgrade the speakers to something that can put out more quality sound and bass.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If I replace the original navi dvd player with aftermarket will it still allow the use of the in steering wheel controls?
Only the company that makes it knows for sure.

BUT read the description carefully.
Out of the box it is NOT a GPS device.
Additional software must be added......at additional cost and complexity.

AND if you are in the US, having a DVD movie player within site of the driver is ILLEGAL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts