Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it feasible to add factory fog lights by getting the lights/housings, appropriate turn signal switch, and perhaps adding fuse(s) and relay(s)?

Is all of the necessary wiring and bumper mount points there?

I would personally rather do without than add a bunch of aftermarket switches and wiring.

2016 Elantra SE, 6MT.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Elantra coupe SE
2 Posts
I say yes you cam cuz almost every car, regardless of make and model, does have fog light cut outs for the bumpers. It's often a plastic shroud you can unscrew and put the light assembly in.
The tricky part is the connections which is often snaking the wies around the engine bay, often just following the head light assembly wires. And you need to get a relay and fuse for the switch.
I'm sure there's a fog light installation kit you can find online somewhere and they can give you instruction on how to install.

Here's a YouTube video on how the gut installed his with the accent. The idea is the same

Best of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I say yes you cam cuz almost every car, regardless of make and model, does have fog light cut outs for the bumpers. It's often a plastic shroud you can unscrew and put the light assembly in.
The tricky part is the connections which is often snaking the wies around the engine bay, often just following the head light assembly wires. And you need to get a relay and fuse for the switch.
I'm sure there's a fog light installation kit you can find online somewhere and they can give you instruction on how to install.

Here's a YouTube video on how the gut installed his with the accent. The idea is the same

Best of luck.
Thanks. But I specifically said I was not interested in aftermarket wiring and switches, etc. I saw that and similar videos before posting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts