Elantra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2013 Elantra, coming up on 60,000 mile service. I live and work in San Diego and Poway, California.
Is there any reason to consider this severe driving conditions, requiring change of the transmission fluid?
Is there any reason to do anything other than inspect the fuel lines? Are these necessary or even recommended services?

Fuel induction service to clean all the carbon built up in those areas

Replace transmission fluid

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2013 Elantra, coming up on 60,000 mile service. I live and work in San Diego and Poway, California.
Is there any reason to consider this severe driving conditions, requiring change of the transmission fluid?
Is there any reason to do anything other than inspect the fuel lines? Are these necessary or even recommended services?

Fuel induction service to clean all the carbon built up in those areas

Replace transmission fluid
The transmission is a sealed system. There is no dipstick to even check/replenish fluid levels. IMHO, I see no reason to flush the system. To me it's a waste of money, like the throttle body cleaning service the dealer offers you for $189. Worthless. I bought into that once even though I knew better, due to a rough idle condition. The service writer "promised me" the injection cleaning service was the cure-all, but all it did was drain my wallet. Same thing here as far as the trans flush. If it's working fine and shifting smoothly, I would leave it be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you drive manual, most manufacturers will recommend changing your transmission fluid every 30,000 to 60,000 miles. If you have automatic, you can typically boost that range up to 60,000 to 100,000 miles. There's no harm in changing your fluid early. mcdvoice PartyCityFeedback

1 - 3 of 3 Posts