Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon group. So Im new to the family. Just purchased a 23' Elantra Blue. Im wondering if the Blue & the sel trims share the same body dimensions. The reason being is im converting my car to be a work vehicle. I need to add a tow hitch receiver so I can add a cargo basket and then haul a trash can and a gallon sprayer on the cargo basket. Not a lot of weight at all. For the trailer hitch receiver adapters. It says they are NOT for Elantra Hybdrid. I do know that the Blue are not designed to tow, and wondering if this is the reason that the tow hitch receiver manufacturer says that their products arent for the hybrids. With that being said, and knowing that Im not exactly towing anything, just hauling 40lbs or so in the cargo basket. Are the body styles the same from the blue to sel. If they are, I will be able to purchase this trailer hitch receiver adapter and be able to convert my vehicle. I hope this wasnt too confusing. Thank you.

· Registered
30 Posts
Just guessing, but I would find the biggest or best shop that specializes in tow hitches and see what they say. I assume Hyundai restricts towing on hybrid vehicles because of weight restriction, which wouldn't be an issue in your case.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts