Elantra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 elantra gt that will not start. I have dash and interior lights, radio comes on, nothing when i hit the start button. I have replacdd the key fob batteries, reset the key fobs, etc... I am at my witts end. HELP...........

·
Registered
4 Posts
I HAVE A 2020 ELANTRA LIMITED AND HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT ISSUES SINCE 400 MILES ON THIS VEHICLE. I HAVE OWNED 6 "NEW" CARS SINCE 2004. I HAVE HAD ISSUES WITH SENSORS, BACKUP CAMERA, SIDE MIRROR, FRONT COLLISION, NAVIGATION, GOO LEAKING OUT OF THE PASSANGER FRONT TIRE AT 400 MILES, QUOTE "OVERSPRAYED TIRE SHINE". BULL, THERE MUST HAVE BEEN A SLOW LEAK WHEN I PURCHASED THE CAR AND THEY PUT THE "STOP LEAK FLUID IN, EVENTUALLY GOT A BUBBLE. LOOKED UP COLORS, CONTACTED 2 TIRE DEALERS, OVERSPRAYED TIRE SHING MY _SS. I HAD A MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT, TOOK MY FOOT OFF THE BRAKE, NEVER ENGAGED THE GAS PEDDLE, THE CAR IN FRONT OF ME HIT BRAKE, I HIT MINE, I WAS NOT CLOSE TO THEM AT ALL, JUST HAD A REVERSE SHOULDER REPLACEMENT AND WAS COMING HOME FROM THE DR. VISIT, BEING VERY CAREFUL, ANYWAY, PUT MY FOOT BACK ON THE BRAKE, THE CAR SURGED FORWARD, BACKWARD, FORWARD AGAIN AND BACK, HAD TO PUT THE EMERGENCY BREAK ON AND PUT THE CAR IN PARK, HITTING HER 2 TIMES""". I WAS IN SHOCK. I RECEIVED 3 TICKETS, ONE FOR LEAVING THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT. I DID PULL OVER, I WAS SHAKING IN DISBELIEF OF WHAT HAD JUST OCCURED. HAD TO GET AN ATTORNEY AND THANK GOD, NO POINTS. COST ME $880.00. I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR A BUY-BACK FROM HYUNDAI FOR OVER A YEAR, HAVE HAD OVER 10 CASE MANAGERS, NO LAST NAME. SOMEONE CALLED TODAY AS I FOUND OUT THE PHONE NUMBER ACTUAL CORPORATE PHONE NUMBER IN FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA. 714-965-3000, HOWEVER, A RECORDING COMES ON, " IF YOU KNOW YOUR PARTY'S EXTENSION, DIAL IT NOW, NO ""OPERATOR" . SO I JUST STARTED PUTTING IN 4 DIGIT NUMBERS AND GOT VARIOUS PEOPLES EXTENSIONS, THEN LEAVING MESSAGES ON ABOUT 5 PEOPLES EXTENSIONS, DON'T WHO THEY WERE AND DON'T CARE. A MAN ACTUALLY ANSWERED THE PHONE, A TECH"" THAT DOES NOT WORKDIRECTLY FOR HYUNDAI, BUT CLAIMED HE WAS GOING TO PASS THIS INFORMATION ON. RECEIVED A CALL FROM QUOTE A EXECUTIVE MANAGER...LOL...FOR A BUY-BACK AGAIN. SAID SHE WOULD LOOK INTO IT AND CONTACT ME IN 5 DAYS. I WAS ALREADY TURNED DOWN FOR A BUY BACK. EACH TIME I TOOK THE CAR IN, THEY COULD NOT DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM'S' I WAS HAVING AS THEY WERE UNDECTABLE WHEN THEY PUT IT ON THE SOFTWARE, SO IT MUST BE SOMETHING ELECTRICAL, SENSORS, WHAT EVER..THE PASSANGER SEAT WAS CHIMMING FOR 2 DAYS, THEY SAID """GET THIS, DID YOU HAVE YOUR POCKETBOOK ON THE SEAT"? I HAD A 36 POUND BAG OF CAT LITTLER ON ALL MY PASSANGER SEAT CARS, AND NEVER HAD THE CHIME GO OFF DAYS LATER, MY POCKETBOOK, THE SEAT IS VERY SENSITIVE??????I HAD TO EVENTUALLY REPLACE - BUY- THE TIRE THAT WAS LEAKNG GOO AT 400 MILES. THEY REFUSED TO DO AN UPDATE ON THE NAVIGATION, SO I DID IT, FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS ON HYUNDAI, DID IT JUST FINE EXCEPT NOW MY """RADIO KNOB WHERE YOU PUSH IT IN TO TURN THE RADIO OFF, WHICH IS ALWAYS ON THE LEFT SIDE IF YOU ARE SITTING IN THE CAR,, IS NOW ON THE RIGHT SIDE THAT YOU HAVE PUSH IN TO TURN THE RADIO OFF, SO LET ME SEE THEM EXPLAIN THEY'RE WAY OUT OF THAT, IT SHOULD BE A GOOD ONE. HAD WATER POURING OUT FROM MY AIRCONDITIONER, I KNOW CONDENSATION LEAKS DROP, THIS VIDEO I TOOK IS POURING OUT, WHEN I TOOK THE CAR IN, SOMEHOW...THERE IS A FILTER BEHIND THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT THAT WAS TORN AND BENT? WTF. THE CAR IS NUTS. I HAD THE "BATTERY DISCHARGE" NOTE COME UP, THE CAR EVENTUALLY WOULD NOT START, THEY HAD IT TOWED IN, THEY REPLACED THE BATTERY, BUT NOW IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN, WHEN I DID THE UPDATE ON THE NAVIGATION, THE RADIO TURN OFF KNOB THAT IS ON THE LEFT WHEN SITTING IN THE CAR STOPPED WORKING. I JUST HAPPENED TO PUSH IN THE RIGHT RADIO KNOB AND THE RIGHT KNOB TURNES OFF THE RADIO? THE CAR IS _UCKED UP. SORRY FOR THE LANGUAGE, BUT THIS IS SINCE DAY 1 AFTER PURCHASING THIS MONSTER. OH YES....THE RECALL FOR ENGINE FAILURE. THE NUTS WERE NOT TEMPERED AND COULD LOOSEN AND DRIVE THE PISTON INTO THE MOTOR CAUSING AN ENGINE FIRE.. I WANT $10k BACK, PERIOD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd say since it is a 2020 and it is still under warranty to let the dealer tow it back to their shop and fix it.
OF COURSE THEY CAN TOW IT, I HAD THE TOW TRUCK HERE, THEN HIM AND I FIGURED OUT THAT THE "KNOB TO TURN OFF THE RADIO WAS ON THE RIGHT SIDE NOT THE LEFT SIDE, WHERE IT SHOULD BE AND ALWAYS WAS SET.........THEM THEM EXPLAIN THAT...THEY ARE CRAZY AT THIS PLACE. THEY DON'T EVEN WANT ME TO CALL OR GO TO THIS DEALERSHIP ANYMORE. THEY TOLD ME TO GO TO ANOTHER DEALERSHIP. I SAID "NO" I PURCHASED THIS CAR HERE AND YOU WILL BE SERVICING IT. I WENT TO ANOTHER DEALERSHIP FOR THE EXHAUST PIPE AND THEY SAID THE SAME THING, HYUNDAI WON'T PAY FOR THE ROTTTED PIPE, I'TS """PASSABLE"".
I RECEIVED ANOTHER CALL FROM, NOW A CORPORATE CASE MANAGER FOR A BUY-BACK. SHE IS SUPPOSE TO GET BACK TO ME IN 5 DAYS. THEY ALREADY SAID NO ON 12/7/21. O

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2020 elantra gt that will not start. I have dash and interior lights, radio comes on, nothing when i hit the start button. I have replacdd the key fob batteries, reset the key fobs, etc... I am at my witts end. HELP...........
WHY ARE YOU DOING IT????????????????????????????

·
Registered
4 Posts
WHY ARE YOU DOING IT? IT IS UNDER WARRANTY. _UCK THEM. THIS COMPANY SUCKS, UNFORTUNATELY THERE ARE NO 2022 CARS , AS THERE ARE NO ""CHIPS""". I SPOKE WITH A MAZDA DEALERSHIP, OWNED 5 MAZDA'S, THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY SO I PURCHASED THIS PIG. 2020 ELANTRA LIMITED. THEY STILL DO NOT HAVE CARS IN, AND GET THIS, WHEN YOU GO ON SAY HONDA, THE MFRP- SHOWING ONLINE IS NOT THE PRICE THEY ARE SELLING IT AT,,,,, CALLED THEM 3 TIMES, THEY ARE CHARGING OVER $2-5 k OVER AS THEY CANNOT MAKE ANY MONEY AND DO NOT KNOW WHEN 2022' ARE COMING IN. TRUTH..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts