Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

Any ideas on how to reduce the turbo lag on a 2020 Elantra Sport? I love the car, but the lag has almost killed me a couple times. Where I exit my neighborhood, I am entering 70mph traffic filled with semis and heavy equipment...and a limited sight distance where they are always coming downhill and I am accelerating uphill. I can cheat and put the car in Sport or use the Manual Mode, and I don't have any issues with the lag...but both require that I sacrifice mpg for a little bit, and have to make other changes to the selectors and creating distractions.

I have also noticed that I never hear the popping sound of the wastegate in the exhaust after heavy acceleration, so I am curious if that is normal. I have seen multiple videos where the popping is noticeable (and actually a complaint), but I never hear it, even with the windows down. I also never hear the turbo spoil up like some other cars I have had with turbos. I can certainly feel it kick in, so it isn't that it isn't working...just doesn't seem to have the waste...which doesn't seem right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts