Elantra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2019 Elantra SEL and I have to use a USB cord plugged into my iPhone6 to work the navigation. The phone works over Bluetooth but not the nav.

Does anyone know if there is an adapter that I can plug into the car's USB port that will eliminate having to plug my phone in? It's a real PITA and I hate having the cord all over the place.

·
Registered
32 Posts
NOPE. It's that way on ALL cars and trucks as far as I know. My Dodge Ram, my brothers Silverado, nieces Nissan Titan XD, son's Dodge Charger and my 2017 Elantra.

Just roll the cable up and just have enough hang out to plug it in and lay it on top of the cover where the usb plug is located.

If you didn't have CarPlay/Android Auto would it be anymore of a PITA? Really? You still have to plug your phone in to charge it, amiright?

Wait until you notice that same USB port you use for CarPlay doesn't charge your phone.:grin:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't like having loose wires all over either. I found a good spot on the front console with a small ball magnet phone holder and I meticulously routed my cord in the corners and edges of the change tray with a real short cord in order to mitigate having an exposed cord.

·
Registered
2 Posts
With the adapter installed, wireless CarPlay works like any other official solution. You get in the vehicle, as soon as it boots up, your phone will automatically connect to your infotainment system. Like Waze, Amazon music, etc. A new loading screen appears for a few moments as your phone connects. This is the one difference between this solution and an official solution.
Wireless CarPlay brings several benefits. Your iPhone's battery life gets displayed on your infotainment screen which leaves you free to keep the phone in your pocket or purse. Fiddly wires become a thing of the past.

·
Registered
3 Posts
With the adapter installed, wireless CarPlay works like any other official solution. You get in the vehicle, as soon as it boots up, your phone will automatically connect to your infotainment system. Like Waze, Amazon music, etc. A new loading screen appears for a few moments as your phone connects. This is the one difference between this solution and an official solution.
Wireless CarPlay brings several benefits. Your iPhone's battery life gets displayed on your infotainment screen which leaves you free to keep the phone in your pocket or purse. Fiddly wires become a thing of the past.
I saw an ad before, a small box was supported to use youtube on the Head unit, what difference?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw an ad before, a small box was supported to use youtube on the Head unit, what difference?
Actually, carlinkit 3.0/ 4.0 doesn't support using Youtube on the Head unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you enjoy watching YouTube and Netflix videos on the original car carplay display, you can choose the T-box mini. It supports the upgrade of wired CarPlay to WIRELESS Apple CarPlay and wired Android Auto to WIRELESS Android Auto. You can install any app from Google Android Play Store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts