Elantra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a problem for a while where I will get home or at work and locked the car with the remote. Occasionally I will go to leave and press the rego check nsw button on the door handle and it will beep and lock, as if it wasn't locked at all. I thought I wasn't locking it myself so I started paying better attention that it was locked by checking the door handle and yet once in a while I would come out and the driver door would be unlocked. Last night someone stole everything in my car. Has anyone else experienced this unlocking issue? Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had a problem for a while where I will get home or at work and locked the car with the remote. Occasionally I will go to leave and press the rego check nsw button on the door handle and it will beep and lock, as if it wasn't locked at all. I thought I wasn't locking it myself so I started paying better attention that it was locked by checking the door handle and yet once in a while I would come out and the driver door would be unlocked. Last night someone stole everything in my car. Has anyone else experienced this unlocking issue? Thanks, run 3
i have same problem too...someone can help?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had a problem for a while where I will get home or at work and locked the car with the remote. Occasionally I will go to leave and press the rego check nsw button on the door handle and it will beep and lock, as if it wasn't locked at all. I thought I wasn't locking it myself so I started paying better attention that it was locked by checking the door handle and yet once in a while I would come out and the driver door would be unlocked. Last night someone stole everything in my car. Has anyone else experienced this unlocking issue? Thanks,
so I'm not the only one who had this problem so please ask your solutions.

Thermomix tm5

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Elantra's have a bad door latch design. Try this....

Walk up to your car and lock it with the remote. Now place the remote at least 5 feet away and check and see if the door is locked. Now, press the unlock button with key FOB and pull the door handle. If it takes more than one pull to open the door you have a failing door latch. Hyundai has a bad door latch design that if you yank on the
door handle in a hurry it can damage the mechanism inside. I have replaced many of them for exactly this problem. If you have less than 60,000 miles or whatever it is in km, Hyundai's warranty should cover replacement.

Also, just FYI, if your sitting the car and you attempt to lock it and the system senses the key fob the doors won't lock. Good luck, lemme know how you make out.

Rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Two things here. Poor design on the mechanism, and failure of regular maintenance. Who ever thinks of removing the door panel to lubricate all the joint connections and slides inside a door? Hardly anyone!!!! Also, the electric lock mechanism will gum up with dust on the shaft after a few months also causing it not to lock completely. CURE! Open that panel and start lubing all those swivel points and shafts with a good quality white grease. It's a PITA, but someone has to do it. Besides, it gives you a chance to get personal with your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts