Elantra Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Volkswagen Golf GTI has long been the king of the hot hatchbacks, but it has a formidable new foe in the way of the 2018 Hyundai i30 N.

While the i30 N won’t arrive in North America, the hatchback is important as it represents the official launch of Hyundai’s ‘N’ performance sub-brand. The first N model that we’ll get stateside and in Canada will be a hot version of the roomier Veloster and while little is known about that car, the i30 N gives us a good indication of what to expect.

Let’s start with the most important part: the powertrain. Under the hood of the i30 N is Hyundai’s 2.0-liter turbocharged GDI engine, which is making 246 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque. An optional Performance Package is available which boosts output to 271 horsepower, but torque stays the same. Power is sent to the front wheels through a six-speed manual transmission with rev-matching. Hyundai claims a 0-60 mph time of 6.4 seconds for the standard model and 6.1 seconds for the Performance Package.
Read more about the 2018 Hyundai i30 N Enters the Hot Hatch Arena With 270 HP at AutoGuide.com.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts