Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,

I have a 2018 Hyundai Elantra SEL sedan and I've been having an intermittent issue over the past year or so where the running lights including DRL, all three brake lights, etc come on during the middle of the night and stay on when the selector on the handle is set to "Auto."

Over the past few days I've noticed a slower crank than usual so I checked last night before going to bed and all of the lights were off. I always park the car and set the alarm with the keys obviously out of the car.

This morning my neighbor told me (yet again) that my lights were on all night.

Also, when I'm driving down the road with the selector in "Auto" the "Auto" prompt sometimes flashes on the screen without interaction with the switch.

Only 45k miles on the clock but if I take it into Hyundai and they "determine that it's not an issue covered under warranty" such as chewed wires they are going to charge me close to $200 just for a diagnostic fee.

Has anybody here run into this issue before?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good afternoon,

I have a 2018 Hyundai Elantra SEL sedan and I've been having an intermittent issue over the past year or so where the running lights including DRL, all three brake lights, etc come on during the middle of the night and stay on when the selector on the handle is set to "Auto."

Over the past few days I've noticed a slower crank than usual so I checked last night before going to bed and all of the lights were off. I always park the car and set the alarm with the keys obviously out of the car.

This morning my neighbor told me (yet again) that my lights were on all night.

Also, when I'm driving down the road with the selector in "Auto" the "Auto" prompt sometimes flashes on the screen without interaction with the switch.

Only 45k miles on the clock but if I take it into Hyundai and they "determine that it's not an issue covered under warranty" such as chewed wires they are going to charge me close to $200 just for a diagnostic fee.

Has anybody here run into this issue before?

Thanks! :)
Could be a headlight switch or what ever else is part of that headlight system, automatic problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts