Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2018 Value Elantra and with colder temps just discovered an issue with heater. When driving, it will provide Hi heat with blower set on maximum but when at a stop with the settings the same the air becomes cold within 30 or so seconds. Took it for service the first time and they flushed the radiator/heater core to expel any air in case that was the problem. Of note, before we purchased the vehicle they had replaced the thermostat. I drove it back to the dealer on the same evening I picked it up because it was doing the same thing. Driving it back I realized that it would provide heat at a stop if blower was set to medium while temp was still on Hi but changed to cold if blower set to maximum. I thought the heater core might be partially occluded or the control valve was not opening completely.

Once again they flushed the system multiple times and they got the same results I described above so they contacted Hyundai. Hyundai returned their call saying that was the characteristics of the vehicle. WHAT?!?!?! My guess is they designed the vehicle with a heater core of insufficient size and it cannot keep up with demand while vehicle is stopped and blower is on Hi. Their suggestion is to set heat to 80 and blower on medium to maintain heat output. I got too good of a deal on the car to freak out about this but it is kind of a thorn in my side. Anyone else had this issue?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts