Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

I was wondering if someone here was able to offer some insight into this issue I have been experiencing on my 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT (note: this issue only occurs in colder weather)

So, I have been having issues with the vehicle not turning over on the first attempt and I will hear a clicking sound, and the radio & headlights will turn on, but nothing else. Sometimes on the 3rd, 4th, or 5th attempts, the vehicle will start, other times I have had the vehicle boosted, and that does the trick right away. As I have stated. this issue only occurs in colder temperatures.

I have had the battery and alternator checked - both are fine - and I have switched keys, thinking that may be the problem.

If anyone has any ideas as to what this problem may be, I greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
2018 Elantra SEL
5 Posts
Sounds like a battery issue. Sometimes a battery can give a false positive, especially after being boosted. I would test the battery when it’s cold and before jumping it. That way you have a base reading. The cold cranking amps needed to turn the starter might not be there anymore.

Former AAA battery truck driver btw

1 - 2 of 2 Posts