Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Elantra GT Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do have quite a few mods done to it but I won’t list them here, you can always just check my profile.

So my current issue is that my battery, starter, and alternator are all good. Starters engages, battery has power, and the alternator was tested when I brought it over to Autozone. But it’s been REALLY struggling to start, to the point where it just clicks once then shuts off most of the electronics. One thing I did notice was when I would finally get my car started after trying to start it numerous times, the fuel pump was a little louder than usual…

Im just not sure of the common issues since i’ve only had it a couple months and my last car was a 3.8 Genesis, so It’s a bit of a different project this time around.

Other notes, since the accessport I have for this car allows for me to run on 95, could that potentially be a common problem starter for startup? It seems the the temperature outside doesn’t really matter but actually the intervals of how much i start/drive the car. Ex; It hesitated but started on the first try today after not driving it for two days, but when I go to the store and try again, it’ll take a couple tries…

Please let me know what you guys would recommend or at least have heard of with these cars, 🙏
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Grille

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
85 Posts
You say the battery is good but did you have it load tested or just check the voltage? Voltage alone isn't a good indicator of battery status.
Another thing could be the starter getting heat soaked. I don't thiunk it happens as much as it used to but it can still happen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts