Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm tossed up between two Limited Elantras, both with the tech package. One is a Beige non-CPO at around $13,500 with ~23k miles that was previously CPO as of September, but the Hyundai dealership that it was at closed so a sister Nissan dealership under the same ownership now has it (according to Carfax).

The other is a blue CPO for ~$14,200 ($13,562 if I finance through them, but I already got pre-approved through DCU at 2.99% so I'll probably go with that) with ~32k miles. I'm new to Hyundais but I know they're generally considered very reliable cars now, but I thought I'd ask you guys which do you think I should go for. I like both cars, and I'd be satisfied with either, but I'm just curious how much of a risk I'm taking with the former one, and I assume CPO can certainly be less of a headache.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a 2017 Value, and I kept kicking myself for not going with the Limited for an extra $35 per month. I really miss it, and enjoyed the ICT transmission WAY better that this POS DCT in the Sport.

To your question of CPO vs non-CPO, CPO just means low miles and the dealership got a car off Lease. I have not been knocked off my feet at the skills at the Hyundai Service Departments, so I have little faith in their multi-point inspection to ensure it is worth the extra cost for CPO.

Personally, I would go with the non-CPO due to the lower miles and lower cost. Both are Leased vehicles that have their own risks, but the lower miles means less time for an idiot to prove they are an idiot versus a safe driver that didn't abuse a car they got for bottom dollar and never intended to buy outright.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts