Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
TBD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My first post here. I'm planning on buying my first car in the coming months, I've been relying on my grandpa's little old v6 Toyota pickup (5-speed manual) which isn't good for longer trips/more passengers, so I need something safer and roomier. Oddly enough the 2019 Elantra SE 6mt is my 'dream car' and I ended up finding one in blue for a really good price that I'll be able to afford. It has 50k miles which might reason the price, but I'm not too picky on miles. I remember Korean cars where viewed as unreliable cheap cars in the 90s and 2000s, but I definitely know they've come a long way. I like the Elantra much more than the Civic and Corolla mainly because the SE is pretty no-nonsense and pretty basic for a new car of the size, I love that. I like the interior layout, it felt really cozy and spacious for the size when we rented one in Florida last summer. I love the manual transmission too, drove to how I like it when I test drove one. Clutch had a comfortable release point and wasn't crazy light, nice solid shifts too. I'm no huge sports enthusiasts with cars. Anyways, you can tell how much I like this car, so to the question!

Are the new generation Elantras pretty reliable? Have you only done basic maintenance. Do you think long term reliability would be good? It's a simple engine, so I would think it would outlast the new turbo Civics and such without too much crazy maintenance. Please let me know your experience so far! Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Gabriel! I have a 2020 Hyundai Elantra Value edition I bought brand new back in February, I have not had any issues until I ran over a deer a couple weeks ago. I have put about 16k miles on the car since I bought it. No complaints yet, you shouldn’t have any major issues! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bought my 2017 Elantra GL in Dec 2016 and its been fantastic... Only had one issue which was a software issue.. which was the ECT software update.. Other then that.. its been fantastic...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts