Elantra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kicking around buying one of these, Limited with that first package, really liked the quietness of this car, ride, fuel economy, and handling. And certainly has a lot of toys to play with.

But confused on the towing hooks, sure in the downloaded owners manual, show a screw in hook in that foam tool box in the trunk. None could be found. But did see a welded towing hook in the rear, but nothing in the front, Dealer was also confused.

Not really for towing, just a front and rear spot to tie down a kayak, seems like none of the newer vehicles have towing hooks anymore, some strange new law about not wanting people to attempt to tow, have to hire a tow truck with tire lifts to do this.

But this is not my interest, just looking for a spot to tie down a kayak. Any roof top carrier I looked at, requires both front and rear tie downs. Can see the reason for this, could blow sideways without them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took delivery of our new 2017 Limited, a heck of a lot to learn. Opened up my Garmin favorites with Word, sure a bunch of junk in that file, deleted all of that just leaving the favorite name and address. Now to find where that favorites button is on the screen so I can open it.

Sure had problems getting this Elantra to learn my garage door remote, assumed since it was copying a working remote, should work. But after playing around for awhile, had to hit the learn switch on my garage door receiver, now it works.

Found vehicle configuration, still can't get by without automatic door locks, pain in the butt when I am dropping my wife off. Its not exactly that we are stupid, in driving what we considered a dangerous neighbor, we can lock them ourselves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts