Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post Catalyst Fuel System Lean condition.

Anyone have this code and what did it turn out to be? I've seen the list of possibilities, just looking for most common. Wondering if ice could cause a lean fuel condition. It's been -10C for a few days.

In my case everything has been fine, I had it for a seven hour drive a couple of days ago, then suddenly she just died when I went on a short trip only a half mile from home. Attempts to restart acted like no fuel, running barely less than 1000rpm, not enough power to move. Continuous gas pedal movement got enough power for me to get into my neighbors driveway.
I dumped some de-icer in anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Post Catalyst Fuel System Lean condition.

Anyone have this code and what did it turn out to be? I've seen the list of possibilities, just looking for most common. Wondering if ice could cause a lean fuel condition. It's been -10C for a few days.

In my case everything has been fine, I had it for a seven hour drive a couple of days ago, then suddenly she just died when I went on a short trip only a half mile from home. Attempts to restart acted like no fuel, running barely less than 1000rpm, not enough power to move. Continuous gas pedal movement got enough power for me to get into my neighbors driveway.
I dumped some de-icer in anyway.
My current thinking is catalytic converter is plugged. Still under warranty, so dealer has it now. I started it this morning, ran fine (idled) for about 20 minutes, then stumbled and stalled. I didn't drive it. I think that's about long enough for the cat to warm up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, looks like I was wrong, MICE, the little &^%& ! They've chewed the injector wiring, apparently causing the computer to take a crap.Still a tad concerned that this is not the issue. Hard to understand why it ran perfect cold, but as soon as it warmed up, it stumbles and dies. It even started at -23 this morning. After they repaired the wiring and deleted the code, it came back as "inactive". Nervous about that. Had a 4km walk last time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts